Dot Matrix Printers from Needa.ie
Industrial settings such as factories and garages often provide difficult conditions for more modern printers. Dust and dirt can have detrimental effects on ink, and the operating efficiency of some machines. In industries such as these, dot matrix printers provide an excellent solution due to their durability, tolerance of hot conditions and simplicity of design. The use of tractor feed paper is also ideal in applications such as data logging and aviation.
For those that are more accustomed to a more traditional method of doing things, buying a high speed dot matrix printer can be beneficial. As they are technologically similar to typewriters, the mechanism for changing ribbons and fixing paper jams can be a more straight forward process.
Many applications such as ATMs and point of sale machines still benefit from the use of dot matrix printers. However, an area where there importance is often overlooked or under-appreciated is in IT security. Hackers generally attempt to alter and remove logs from systems in order to disguise their activities. As dot matrix printers print line by line, one entry at a time, a local hard copy of system activity is created. This cannot be changed or manipulated so evidence of tampering is always available.
There are also many practical reasons to buy a dot matrix printer:
• They use continuous paper instead of individual sheets.
• Low printing costs per page as the ink begins to fade when low, giving the user sufficient warning of when new ink is required.
• The ink ribbon does not dry out easily.
• Reliable and durable for tough working environments where cost of printing and efficiency is more important than quality.
• Operation and repair costs are minimal in comparison with more advanced printers.